*Vacation*

The best part of the summer for I think all of us is vacation (if we have one). Every year, my family goes on a trip to Ocean City, for anywhere from 7 to 14 days. This year we are going for ten days, and I have to say I am stoked! So I figured in all of my excitement for vacation, I would write a post about it, because it's that important to me.
Even though I love vacation, there's some things I want to complain about.
1.) I never feel like I pack the right stuff. Every time we go, I figure out about ten things I should have brought by the time we leave. When I think of vacation I think of warm summer days, with the sweltering heat. The way that the sun wraps itself around you and you are so hot you feel like you cannot breathe! So while I am picking out all of my outfits, I pack shorts, shorts, shorts, shorts, tank top, tank top, tank top, short sleeved shirt, etc...I just always seem to forget about jeans and sweatpants and sweatshirts. It's a common mistake, I guess... Also, I never pack the right shoes. I always forget to choose comfort over style. I always pack cute but uncomfortable flip flops. I always forget little things like deodorant too.
2.) I look at the pictures on all of my friends' digital cameras and I get to the pictures of their vacations and they always have girls their same age in the picture with them.
"Oh, is that your friend?"
"No, that's my cousin, Stephanie."
WHAT THE HECK!? Man, I feel like the only person I know without cousins my age and gender. For me, it is so hard because we are odd number because of me. Everyone has a 'group/partner' , I guess you could say.
Dad&Mom&Kris, Mommy&Jim, Brian&Ryan&Rachel, Will&Jordan, Abby&Grace, and then ME. The oldest young person is Will, who is 8. Then the youngest older person is Ryan, who is 27. Where do I fit in? With Will and Jordan? Where I would talk about video games, and candy, and rides, and play with action figures? With Ryan and Rachel where I would vomit? My only conclusion is that I belong with the girls. And Kristen and Mom. But I will have to walk away once the "MOM" discussions come up. You know it will be a mom discussion when you hear:
"Did you see that 30% off coupon for Huggies Pull Ups in the newspaper this week?"
or "Abby is just seeming very feverish, and I have tried just about everything but she has had dirty diapers about five times today!"
or "I was thinking of making spaghetti tomorrow night, but then I thought that fancy sandwiches would be a lot easier. What were you thinking?"
And 3.) I get very sick of the beach. I know that may sound crazy, but I really do. I mean, everyday I go to the beach, get sand in every nook and cranny in my body, and sit there uncomfortably until someone decides to leave. Taking a shower outside, where I have a very strange phobia of someone opening the door while I am taking one in the outside shower, every single day is not fun. It gets old. But that is usually after about five days. So maybe this year I will appreciate it more since the girls are there.
Finally, to get past all the bad stuff, here are my favorite parts about vacation!
1.) For a week or two, you get to call a gorgeous, amazing beach house home. You get to ask when you are going home but you really mean the beach house. When you say 'I am going to be in my room' you mean the beachy comfy room that is down the hallway.
2.) When you open up the cabinets, there are snacks that you would never ever find in your house! I see three cans of Pringles, cookies, popcorn, a general calorie carnival, to quote Kristen.
3.) It is the one time of the year when all of us are together in one house, and get to wake up to each other and go to bed to each other.
4.) When my Pop-Pop takes me to the boardwalk and insists on buying me things I really don't need but that I want a lot.
5.) Sitting on the porch with Ryan. It is the closest to him I feel all year.

Vaction is amazing <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment