Book Thief?

For required summer reading at my high school, I must read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. Yet again, another depressing book about the Holocaust I am sure. My mother read it before me, and she loved it. Of course as an estimate I am on page......one? I am not excited to read this book but I have to because we are going to get graded and tested on it. Here is what the back cover says:

"By her brother's graveside, Liesel Meminger's life is changed when she picks up a single object, partially hidden in the snow. It is The Grave Digger's Handbook, left there by accident, and it is her first act of book thievery. So begin's a love affair with books and words, as Liesel, with the help of her accordion-playing foster father, learns to read. Soon she is stealing books from Nazi book-burnings, the mayor's wife's library, wherever there are books to be found.

But these are dangerous times. When Liesel's foster family hides a Jew in their basement, Liesel's world is both opened up and closed down.

In superbly crafted writing that burns with intensity, award-winning author Markus Zusak has given us one of the most enduring stories of our time."

I will admit it sounds kind of interesting, but I don't care how interesting it is, I just really don't want to read in the summer at all. If any body has read this book, tell me how it is! I really want to hear some reviews.


0 comments:

Post a Comment