Nervous? Excited?

September 7th. I have no idea whether I should be totally ecstatic or very scared. High School is a whole new world. I remember walking into my middle school three very short years ago and having my heart drop into my stomach. The hallways seemed like they were endless, and the lockers were twice my size. There was a map on the back of my assignment book, which was pretty much useless considering all it said were room numbers and I didn't know the room numbers of every class.
I did get a little confused finding my tech class but I showed up on time so all was good. So what seemed like a colossal kingdom was really just a small school with a couple hundred kids. So then, I was required to go into the high school once in order to go to the bathroom at a football game. I was amazed at how large the school really was. I started to get very nervous because I knew that I was going to have to learn my way around this humongous place in months.
I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no point in being scared of an inanimate object-the walls of my school. If I am positive and think optimistically, then it can't be that bad. All of the freshman are in the same boat. The only thing that still worries me is not knowing anyone in my lunch, and walking into that cafeteria all by myself. But I am going to try to make friends throughout the day, just to assure myself that I will not be all by myself. Also a very large perk of going to high school is meeting all new people. I am still nervous, not going to lie. But I am probably 60% excited and 40% nervous. Any tips for first days of high school, let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment